Re: how to compile recent openldap on Centos 5.5

Am 23.11.10 15:18, schrieb Clément OUDOT:
> 2010/11/23 Aaron Richton <richton@nbcs.rutgers.edu>:
>> On Tue, 23 Nov 2010, Götz Reinicke - IT-Koordinator wrote:
>>
>>> I tried to compile the Release 2.4.23  of openldap on my centos 5.5
>>> server.
>>
>> [...]
>>>
>>> configure: error: BerkeleyDB version incompatible with BDB/HDB backends
>>
>> [...]
>>>
>>> db4-4.3.29-10.el5_5.2
>>
>> [...]
>>>
>>> What may I do wrong? Any sugesstions?
>>
>> RHEL/CentOS db4-4.3 has proven unreliable for use with OpenLDAP Software.
>> You will have to use a version of BerkeleyDB that is not provided by those
>> vendors. One option is of course to roll your own packages. However, many
>> RHEL/CentOS users on the list base off of Buchan Milne's RPMs. There is some
>> (occasionally hard-learned) institutional knowledge in his build process
>> that you would likely benefit from. You can find references/links to these
>> in the openldap-technical/openldap-software list archives.
>
> If this can help, LTB-project also provides RPMs for CentOS 5:
> http://ltb-project.org/wiki/documentation/openldap-rpm

Hey and Thanks for the suggestion.

Do you or anybody has any experience with that packages?

I downloaded the srpm to rebuild it on my centos 5.5 system, but It
fails with the same DB4 missing error.

I installed the provided berkeleydb-ltb-4.6.21.NC-4.patch4.rpm to.

For no I did not try to install and run the provided ldap-rpm.

regards . Götz

--
Götz Reinicke
IT-Koordinator

Tel. +49 7141 969 420
Fax  +49 7141 969 55 420
E-Mail goetz.reinicke@filmakademie.de

Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg GmbH
Akademiehof 10
71638 Ludwigsburg
www.filmakademie.de

Eintragung Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 205016
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats:
Prof. Dr. Claudia Hübner

Geschäftsführer:
Prof. Thomas Schadt