Re: memberof overlay 2.4.08

Hi,

Pierangelo Masarati schrieb am 25.03.2008 18:52 Uhr:
LALOT Dominique wrote:
I'm testing memberof overlay and I'd like to get it working properly for a database migration

My tests showed me that's it's working when adding members in groups, but for an initial loading, it does not work.
Correct.
This still seams to be true.

I tested slapadd -q or slapadd without success. Could you tell us,
or write something in the documentation to explain, the right way
for an initial loading.
Currently, there is no solution besides writing a script that populates the memberOf attribute in the LDIF file.

When we will be in production, I imagine that sometimes, we can get out of sync between members and memberof. What can we do in such case.
It should not happen.
I have a lot of syncrepl consumers. For disaster recovery these are
repopulated with slapadd and a recent provider dump.
With overlay memberof this would not work any more, because the memberOf references are lost on this consumer until the "member" object changes, right?

The overlay should be reworked in order to have some means to repair its connectivity. This is known but not hardly worked at. You could open an ITS requesting this as an enhancement (or a bug fix, it's a matter of taste).
Is there any yet or do I have to do it?

Marc