Re: Replication Through A DMZ

On Thu, 18 Nov 2010, Anton Chu wrote:

I have a provider server in the intranet and I want to add a consumer server in a DMZ for replication.  The problem is that a connection can only be initiated from the intranet
to the DMZ.  I've read both refreshandpersist and refesh-only replications both require an initial connection from the consumer server which will be in the DMZ.  Should I put
the provider server in the DMZ instead?

While only you can decide on your optimal network configuration, I note that configuration of push based (i.e. provider initiated connection) replication is detailed in the OpenLDAP 2.4 Administrator's Guide. So OpenLDAP software will handle whatever you decide is your optimal network configuration.