Re: Out of memory Errors when starting up Slurpd: Openldap-server-2.3.43

--On Saturday, November 13, 2010 8:08 AM +0000 Traiano Welcome <Traiano.Welcome@mtnbusiness.co.za> wrote:

Hi List

We're using openldap-server 2.3.43 on FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE-p9 #0. When
trying to start up slurpd (/usr/local/etc/rc.d/slurpd start), slurpd runs
for a while then dies at various points during it's replication with
error "Out of memory". The following are various attempts to start
slurpd, with the last messages it dies with before  "Out of Memory".

My question is: Is this a known bug? What could be the cause of these out
of memory errors in Slurpd?

Slurpd was deprecated with 2.2, the last release that had it was 2.3, and it was completely removed from 2.4. You should not be using it because of its vast variety of bugs. Use syncrepl.

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc