Re: German Umlauts are converted and also not accepted

Hallo,

Am 10.11.10 15:47, schrieb Christian Manal:
> Hi,
>
>> As my name contains a german umlaut I do get an error adding 'Götz
>> Reinicke' for the gecko.
>>

> Do you mean 'gecos' with that? The 'gecos' attribute from the NIS-schema
> is an IA5 string [1], which is equal to ASCII. You won't be able to use
> special characters with that one.

jep 'gecos', typo on my side. I was thinking of something like that.
Thanks for making that clear to me :-)

>> Also for 'displayName', 'cn' and 'givenName' the 'ö' is automatically
>> replaced by 'oe'.
>>
>> If I change the entry in the ldap by hand in the apache DS, the 'ö' is
>> accepted accept for the geckos. An 'ü' in 'o' is manually accepted to.
>>

> How is your ldif file encoded? 'cn', 'givenName' and so on are defined
> as SUB to 'name', which is defined with "Directory Sting" syntax [2] aka
> UTF-8.

It's from what my text editor says UTF-8.

But now I do have also the phenomenon, that in the ldap the umlaut is
replaced with a wired character and not replaced with 'oe' ....

I think, that the AD Studio makes something 'funny'. May be.

	cheers . Götz
--
Götz Reinicke
IT-Koordinator

Tel. +49 7141 969 420
Fax  +49 7141 969 55 420
E-Mail goetz.reinicke@filmakademie.de

Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg GmbH
Akademiehof 10
71638 Ludwigsburg
www.filmakademie.de

Eintragung Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 205016
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats:
Prof. Dr. Claudia Hübner

Geschäftsführer:
Prof. Thomas Schadt