Re: pam services under LDAP

bluethundr wrote:
> I have created a symlink from /etc/openldap/ldap.conf to
> /etc/ldap.conf... that seems to have gotten the majority of the system

This is a RHEL-based linux system, right? If so, you don't want to do
that. They serve two completely different services.

/etc/openldap/ldap.conf is used by the ldap client command-line tools
(ldapsearch, ldapadd, etc.). And I've confirmed that it's used by the
the name service switch, too. I don't think last part os documented
anywhere.

/etc/ldap.conf is for the pam_ldap module.

If adding that symlink fixed your problem, I think there's something
else wrong with your system.

--
Prentice