Re: Error 18: Solaris 10 Native LDAP-Client

Am Donnerstag 28 Oktober 2010, 19:57:17 schrieb Benjamin Griese:
> Hello James,
>
> thanks for replying giving us your opinion.
> Sometimes I thought I was the only person who has the problem you're
> talking of. I am in the same dilemma as you are, using SLES11 /w SP1
> and have a not working solaris nativ ldap client oder downgrading to
> SLES1 /wo SP1 but using a rather outdated version of OpenLDAP 2.4.12
> but seems to work with the solaris ldap client and your outlook 2003
> client.
>
> The problem is, Novell won't release any package changes in endless
> time, probably für SP2 at earliest point in time. To get/keep it
> working you have to stay on the older version and I have to downgrade.
> This is a quite annoying state of a problem we have here.
FYI, we (Novell) are currently working on releasing an update to fix this
problem. I can't tell you when it will get released, yet. But it will for
sure be before SLES11 SP2.

Until then a possible workaround could be to use some clever ACL to
filter the OIDs of VLV and Server Side Sort from the supportedControl
Attribute of the rootDSE.

> I'll point out the problem to my boss, maybe there is something I can
> do about it, but for my own laziness, I don't want to regurlarly check
> for/download/recompile the OpenLDAP package in the lifetime of the
> server to fix some particular security issues.
>
> So what are we going to do in the meantime? At my site, everything
> except listing of user/groups is working on the client side, not that
> big of an issue, but thats also true for dynamic lists that I wanted
> to use and thats a big issue. :/
>
> How is your state and how big is the problem?
>
> Bye, Benjamin.
>
> PS: Dieter, I tried to get the list of supported controls from the
> server via the solaris client, but had not luck.

[..]

--
Ralf