Re: Problem updating cn=config directory

Hi,

Am Donnerstag 28 Oktober 2010, 16:03:54 schrieb Bram Cymet:
>   Well I figured it out. For some reason my masters has a syncrepl
> statement for the cn=config database but replication to itself.
If the syncrepl statement did really point to the server itself (using
the machine's full qualified hostname or "localhost") this shouldn't be a
problem. As slapd would filter out those statements. Unless you are using
an old slapd release.
You need this kind of configuration when cn=config replication is wanted.
As you don't do that you should be fine without it.

> I am
> not sure how that got there and I am hoping that it isn't important
> that it is there.
>
> On 10/28/2010 09:33 AM, Bram Cymet wrote:
> >  Hi,
> >
> > I am having problems updating the cn=config datebase as shown in the
> > following output:
> >
> > ldapmodify -Y external -H ldapi:/// <<EOF
> >
> > > dn: cn=config
> > > changetype: modify
> > > replace: olcServerID
> > > olcServerID: 1
> > > EOF
> >
> > SASL/EXTERNAL authentication started
> > SASL username:
> > gidNumber=0+uidNumber=0,cn=peercred,cn=external,cn=auth SASL SSF: 0
> > modifying entry "cn=config"
> > ldap_modify: Referral (10)
> >
> >     referrals:
> >         ldap://ottauth1.test.cbn/cn=config
> >
> > Does anyone know what this referral (10) error means. The URI listed
> > there is the local box.
> >
> > For some reason I am only getting these errors on Master servers not
> > on slaves. This really confused me because I am not replicating the
> > cn=config directory.
> >
> > Any help you be great.
> >
> > Thanks,

Ralf