Re: Attribute Aliasing

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 02:48, Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> wrote:
> Russell Harmon wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 22:37, Dieter Kluenter<dieter@dkluenter.de>
>>  wrote:

>>> either include the evolution.schema or create your own schema and define
>>> mobileTelephoneNumber superior to cellPhone.
>>>

>> That seems to work only so far as searching for the attribute "mobile"
>> will return the attribute "cellPhone". I need it to return the data in
>> the attribute "cellPhone" as the attribute "mobile".
>
> 1) fix your custom software to use configurable schema, and configure it to
> use the same as Apple's.
>
> or
>
> 2) use back-relay, and point your software at one database and the Apple
> software at the other database, and rewrite as appropriate for each app.

Thanks Howard! I'm going with 2 because re-writing the custom software
I have just isn't an option.

When I set up the ldap server with a virtual view via slapd-relay and
slapo-rwm and run a query against it, I get back no data! Do you know
why?

Here's my slapd.conf config for the virtual view:
database relay
suffix "dc=virtual"
relay "ou=Users,dc=example,dc=com"
overlay rwm
rwm-suffixmassage "ou=Users,dc=example,dc=com"

When I run a query against it however, it succeeds but returns no data!

Here's some relevant logs:
SRCH "dc=virtual" 1 0
    0 0 0
    filter: (uid=username)
    attrs:

conn=1011 op=4 SRCH base="dc=virtual" scope=1 deref=0 filter="(uid=username)"
[rw] searchDN: "dc=virtual" -> "ou=Users,dc=example,dc=com"
bdb_idl_fetch_key: [b49d1940]
bdb_idl_fetch_key: [20acdc7e]
[rw] searchEntryDN: "uid=username,ou=Users,dc=example,dc=com" ->
"uid=username,dc=virtual"
send_ldap_result: err=0 matched="" text=""
connection_get(16)
conn=1011 op=4 SEARCH RESULT tag=101 err=0 nentries=0 text=
conn=1011 op=5 UNBIND
conn=1011 fd=16 closed

Thanks
Russell Harmon