AIX as openldap client

Hi,

Some time ago, I configured an ubuntu intrepid as openldap server and I was
able to use it as authentication server for AIX  6.1.

I tried the same with an ubuntu maverick server, but I can not get it working
anymore.  I can see all the user information on the AIX server.  I can do 'su
- <user>' to become the user.  But I can not login so I think there is a
problem with the password.
When I change the password of a user on the AIX server, I get these errors in
the logfile on the openldap server:

Oct 26 20:44:12 ldap1 slapd[28664]: Entry (uid=xxx,ou=people,dc=xxx,dc=xxx),
attribute 'shadowLastChange' not allowed
Oct 26 20:44:12 ldap1 slapd[28664]: entry failed schema check: attribute
'shadowLastChange' not allowed

Is this important?

The intrepid has version 2.4.11-0ubuntu6.2, the maverick has version
2.4.21-0ubuntu5.3.

I didn't noted down what I did on the intrepid server, but I can remember that
it asked a bunch of questions when I installed slapd.  These initial steps are
removed from the maverick version.  I also remember using the ldapinit
command.

How can I debug the difference between these 2 versions?
Using slapcat, I can see some differeces, but nothing that is important in my
opinion.

How can I debug the openldap server to see what's going on?

I can use the openldap server on a linux ldap client without problems.

Stef

PS I also tried to post this message to openldap-software@openldap.org, but I
got a 'Delivery status notification' saying that the user does not exist.