bindpw in SSHA/MD5/CRYPT/...

Dear all,

For already few weeks, I search for a mean to have an encypted bindpw password in /etc/ldap.conf on my Fedora Linux Ldap client.
OK, I have perfectly understood a simple bind requires that the client has the *cleartext* password.

Nonetheless, it seems it exists a SASL method which could permit  without using Kerberos to have this functionality.

- http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-technical/200809/msg00145.html -
If someone could give me a hand on that, I would appreciate;

Thanks a lot in advance for your time and your help.

Best Regards
Frederic ;)