Re: LDAP and Automount

On October 22, 2010, Holger Schier wrote:

> On the Server I am working with the rfc2307bis.schema:

I run a SLES 11 system and have autofs ldap working fine. The only difference I
can see is that on the server side I am using the autofs.schema file provided
by Debian (OID Base 1.3.6.1.4.1.2312.4).

> I added these next lines to my LDAP tree:
>
> -----
> dn: ou=autofs,dc=MY,dc=DC
> objectclass: top
> objectclass: organizationalUnit
> ou: autofs
>
> dn: ou=home,ou=autofs,dc=MY,dc=DC
> objectclass: top
> objectclass: organizationalUnit
> ou: home
>
> dn: automountKey=/,ou=home,ou=autofs,dc=MY,dc=DC
> objectclass: top
> objectclass: automount
> automountInformation: SERVER:/home/&
> automountKey: /
> ------
>
> and on the client maschine auto.master file:
>
> -----
> /home ldap SERVER:ou=home,ou=autofs,dc=MY,dc=DC
> -----
>
> and I added these lines in the /etc/sysconfig/autofs file (the old one
> are comments now)
>
> -----
> DEFAULT_MAP_OBJECT_CLASS="automountMap"
> DEFAULT_ENTRY_OBJECT_CLASS="automount"
> DEFAULT_MAP_ATTRIBUTE="automountMapName"
> DEFAULT_ENTRY_ATTRIBUTE="automountKey"
> DEFAULT_VALUE_ATTRIBUTE="automountInformation"
> -----

What do you have your DEFAULT_MASTER_MAP_NAME set to?

Here's some of the contents of /etc/sysconfig/autofs for a quick comparison.

DEFAULT_MASTER_MAP_NAME="auto.master"
DEFAULT_MAP_OBJECT_CLASS="automountMap"
DEFAULT_ENTRY_OBJECT_CLASS="automount"
DEFAULT_MAP_ATTRIBUTE="ou"
DEFAULT_ENTRY_ATTRIBUTE="cn"
DEFAULT_VALUE_ATTRIBUTE="automountInformation"

Hope this helps.

--
Khosrow