OpenLDAP configured as Proxy

Hi all,
is there a way to obtain a OL configuration to permit proxying an ldap connection without knowledge in advance about the target ldap server?

Simple scenario, I would like to put a proxy system in front of a client which is trying to check a Certificate Revocation List (CRL), which is published via internet.
I cannot "register" in advance all possibile public CAs in my slapd configuration.

I'm searching a way similar to a SOCKS server but specialized for the LDAP protocol.

Any hint eventually involving other LDAP tools are obviously appreciated.

Thanks
Marco

Non è forte chi non cade, ma chi cadendo ha la forza di rialzarsi.
                    Jim Morrison