Re: Recommended approach for LDAP as backend for virtual domain mail hosting?

On Monday 04 October 2010 21:27:58 Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
> --On Monday, October 04, 2010 8:47 PM +0200 Andreas Ntaflos
> >
> > Short version: What is a recommended way to set up virtual mail
> > hosting based on OpenLDAP? I.e. providing mail and authentication
> > services, like SMTP and IMAP, using Postfix and Dovecot, for
> > multiple *independent domains* such as example.net, example.org,
> > example.com?
>
> Use the empty base "", and create each domain (example.net,
> example.org, example.com), etc with users in each.  They will all be
> distinct from each other.

Hi Quanah, thank you too for your reply!

Could you elaborate on using an empty base/suffix? The concept seems
strange to me and I don't really understand the implications (but I have
very little experience with LDAP as of yet). However, googling around
most posts seem to describe only problems with empty suffixes. Do you
know of any examples or documentation that describe this approach more
detailed?

Thanks!

Andreas