Re: Fine Grained Permission System

Hi AdaXi,

While ldap is widely used as a means to achieve central
authentication, controlling access using LDAP is highly dependent on
the application you're using. The LDAP server itself does not care for
access controls or levels, and only stores information that will be
used by other applications. If the applications support using some
ldap attribute to restrict access or offer some sort of schema that
they'll use, then you can probably do that using only LDAP. LDAP
itself has Access Control Lists, but I don't think they'll do what you
are expecting, as they only control access to attributes held in the
server itself.

Otherwise you'll be stuck by managing the applications individually
using their own built-in configuration methods.

--
Diego Lima