rfc2307bis and samba woes

Hi list,

Has anybody else gone through this posixGroup vs. groupOfNames pain? I mean,
what kind of a design accident is this? Samba 3.4 seems unable to deal with
rfc2307bis (which makes posixGroup auxiliary). I'll definitely talk to the
samba list on this, too, but maybe somebody can tell me what the status of the
rfc2307bis mess is, anyway. Looks to me like this whole issue has been rotting
at the ietf for like 10 years and nobody seems to care about it. Except
openSuSE, who allegedly use it by default. No idea how they made samba work
with it, though. In my naïve mind the patch should be almost trivial (just use
groupOfNames as structuralObjectClass and add a dummy member), but I suspect
it's not in vanilla samba because of the vague status of rfc2307bis. So... any
insight on this whole rfc2307bis scenario is highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance.