Re: Replication process slapd 2.4.23 (value #* provided more than once)

--On Tuesday, September 28, 2010 10:15 AM +0200 Nicolas Greneche <nicolas.greneche@univ-orleans.fr> wrote:

I've done a slapcat of the master, removed one postalAddress, slapadd
and restart replica : the entry is relicated with success (then it locks
to another one and I can't modify LDAP directory feeding process).

Why slapadd succeds whereas replication with schema checking disabled
fails ?

As documented, slapadd is not as rigorous in its data checking as ldapadd or replication.

Do you have any suggestions to make replication works without removing
duplicate postalAddress entries ?

No.  You need to fix your broken data.

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc