Re: Adding entries to cn=config

El 28/09/10 09:46, Buchan Milne escribió:
On Tuesday, 28 September 2010 07:58:00 Angel L. Mateo wrote:
El 27/09/10 15:17, Buchan Milne escribió:

The config database is for configuration, not for data (e.g. users).

	I know it

So then why do you ask how to create users there.

	Because I want to create a (just one) user in cn=config.

	. I just want to create a user for configuration and
automation (of configuration) purposes. I'm trying to configure slapd
from a configuration system like puppet, so I need a user for ldap
operations (instead of this I could configure slapd managing files
directly, but I prefer ldap commands). Because of I want to make
configuration previous to the creation of databases, I would like that
user to be directly in cn=config database.

Well, there may be other possible solutions to your *real* problem, but it
seems you aren't open to anything besides "creating users under cn=config", it
is difficult to help.

I don't know why you said this. I'm open to any solution that adjust with my problem. I don't like to create user in other databases, because I want to use the user before creating any database (I need it for a ldap deployment and configuration tool).

--
Angel L. Mateo Martínez
Sección de Telemática