id: No such userroot@garion:~# ldapsearch -x uid=connor # extended LDIF # # LDAPv3 # base <dc=muncc, dc=loc> (default) with scope subtree # filter: uid=connor # requesting: ALL # # connor, People, muncc.loc dn: uid=connor,ou=People,dc=muncc,dc=loc uid

Hello all,

I have an LDAP server that I can use for authentication.  On this server I can authenticate as these users locally and ldapsearch them, whatever.  On any of the LDAP clients, however, I can see them using an ldapsearch, but an id or su will return no such user.
Example:
#
# LDAPv3
# base <dc=muncc,dc=loc> (default) with scope subtree
# filter: uid=connor
# requesting: ALL
#

# connor, People, muncc.loc
dn: uid=connor,ou=People,dc=muncc,dc=loc
uid: connor
cn: connor
objectClass: account
objectClass: posixAccount
objectClass: top
objectClass: shadowAccount
shadowMax: 99999
shadowWarning: 7
loginShell: /bin/bash
uidNumber: 1002
gidNumber: 100
gecos: connor,,,
homeDirectory: /shared/home/connor

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 2
# numEntries: 1
root@garion:~# id connor
id: connor: No such user

Now, I'm pretty sure that this must be an NSS or PAM problem, but the files on the clients and the server seem to be configured the same.  I can't seem to pinpoint exactly what is wrong.  Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
--
Cole Gleason