Re: Automate Create Home Directory

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 11:21:27AM +0200, Peter Boosten wrote:
> pam_mkhomedir.so

That does not cover the case where the home is on a NFS server.
I have a hack that hooks to a shell backend to detect user additions
and create homes. There is a LDAP replica on the NFS server, with
something like this in slapd.conf
database        shell
suffix          "cn=log"
rootdn          "cn=root,dc=log"
add             "/usr/local/bin/ldapexec" "add"

ldapexec scans the logs and create homes. Unfortunately, the thing does
not work reliably enough to get published, but it works enough so that I
do not feel the need to rewrite it.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu@netbsd.org