Re: Forcing UID attribute

Thanks,
I will solve my problem using ACL, forbidding access to that attribute using "attrs=uid vals=pippo" .

Marco

2010/9/20 Bjørn Ruberg <bjorn@ruberg.no>
On 09/20/2010 11:31 AM, Marco Pizzoli wrote:
Hi list,
I need to populate an entry in OL having DN uid=pippo,ou=people,dc=mycorp.

I need to force this entry to have a uid attribute *different* from uid
appearing in the name. Example: I need "uid: pluto".
ldapadd-ing the entry I have the entry with 2 uid attributes populated:
- uid: pippo
- uid: pluto

Is there a way to NOT have "uid: pippo" populated even if the entry is
called in that way?

No.

The RDN (uid=pippo) *must* exist as a key:value attribute in the object.

You can have both uid:pippo and uid:pluto in the object, but you will not be allowed to leave uid:pippo out.

--
Bjørn

Non è forte chi non cade, ma chi cadendo ha la forza di rialzarsi.
                    Jim Morrison