Re: invalid syntax on pwdPolicy object add

On 09/13/2010 08:26 AM, Julien Vehent wrote:
On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 19:29:12 +0530, Kiran Ayyagari<kayyagari@apache.org>  wrote:
On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 5:07 PM, Julien Vehent<julien@linuxwall.info>  wrote:

# slapd -V
@(#) $OpenLDAP: slapd 2.4.23 (Aug 26 2010 18:33:04) $
        root@monster:/tmp/buildd/openldap-2.4.23/debian/build/servers/slapd

It's not a space/tab problem, and I've tried to put the request in an ldif file and insert it, with the same result.
It's definitely a constraint that's not satisfied... but which one ??

think it is reproducible cause I have got the same error when I
followed the above steps
'error code 21 - pwdAttribute: value #0 invalid per syntax'

I have built OpenLDAP version 2.4.23 on Ubuntu 9.04 with berkeley db
version 4.7.25

Kiran Ayyagari

Alright, so it's either my steps that are wrong, or a problem with slapd.
I'll be humble and suppose that my configuration is wrong first. Any hint on what I could have missed ?
described here: http://wiki.linuxwall.info/doku.php/en:ressources:dossiers:openldap:openldap_debian#password_policy

Julien

Julien,

I have had great success using device as the structural objectClass:

  http://itsecureadmin.com/wiki/index.php/OpenLDAP_Password_Policies

HTH,
--
Josh Miller, RHCE/VCP