Re: slapcat generate extra "space" characters in LDIF output

On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 12:33 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
>      10) When an attrval-spec, distinguishedName, or rdn is base64-
>          encoded, the encoding rules specified in [5] are used with the
>          following exceptions:  a) ***The requirement that base64 output
>          streams must be represented as lines of no more than 76
>          characters is removed.***

Point.  Based on a quick reread of RFC 2849, LDIF doesn't mandate line
wrapping.  But it does explicitly allow it, so tools that process LDIF
need to be able to deal with wrapped lines.

And it occurs to me that the unfold script can also be done a perl one-liner:

perl -pe 'BEGIN { undef $/; } s/\n //gms'

--
Mark J. Reed <markjreed@gmail.com>