Defining a password attributetype

Title: Defining a password attributetype
Hi,

I need to define a secondary password attribute and I’m not sure what to enter in the schema.  Is the syntax oid exclusively for searching and therefore, can I omit it (I’m not going to be searching on the password)?  Or is the synoid also used for defining how the attribute is stored?    So far, what I have is:

attributetype ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.6459.10.2.213
        NAME 'tempPassword'
        DESC 'Temporary password used for resets only'
        EQUALITY ??
        SYNTAX ??
        SINGLE-VALUE )

The attribute will be SHA encrypted digest encoded as Base64 (same as the standard userPassword attribute).  Any guidance on the schema definition would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob

Rob Tanner
UNIX Services Manager