cn=config and ACL formatting

Hi everyone,

I just switched our servers from slapd.conf to cn=config in slapd.d, and I'm a bit annoyed with my ACLs now. The problem is that olcAccess attributes tend to be somewhat lengthy and I'd really appreciate some newlines in them, but slapd seems to eat those. Is there any way to tell the server to preserve the newlines in attribute values, or maybe use some other character that causes a line break?
Of course I might edit the files in /etc/slapd.d, but then the whole cn=config thingy becomes pointless, doesn't it?

greetings,
Victor