Re: Problem with persistent search in OpenLDAP 2.4.23

Tom Leach <leach@coas.oregonstate.edu> writes:

> Dieter, what I'm trying to do is have a separate process (this being
> the perl script) connect with a persistent search to one of a pair of
> syncrepl'd multimasters.  Are syncrepl and syncprov mutually
> exclusive? If that's the case, then I'll have to take another tack
> since I require the syncrepl multimasters and the persistent search
> via syncprov was a "nice thing to have" but not required.
> Thanks!
> Tom
[...]
I ldap speach persistant search and content synchronization are
different operations with different control oid, although both
operations have quite similar intentions. With regard to
OpenLDAP, the consumer operation syncrepl and the provider operation
syncprov are different operations but not mutually exclusive, as an
example see test 019 syncreplication-cascade of the test suite.
OpenLDAP does not support draft-ietf-ldapext-psearch, thus control
oid 2.16.840.1.113730.3.4.3 is unknown to the DSA.
What you can do is to attach a syncrepl consumer,
i.e. a Net::LDAP::Control::SyncRequest object, in order to receive
notification of added or modified entries.

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung
sip: 7770535@sipgate.de