Re: stats2 and stats level logging

Derek Yarnell writes:
> So a while back we had to go away form stats (256) level debugging
> because it was spiking our Spunk traffic so much and go to stat2
> (512).  Even now 1 days worth of LDAP logs on one replica is 1.5G.
> Now the problem is that stat2 never gives a way to map the connection
> to a host.  Is there anyway to do this?  We seem to have one host that
> might be misbehaving in the amounts of ldap queries it is making but I
> can't exactly pin point it.

I don't think so.  You could remove most Statslog()s from the OpenLDAP
source.  Or log with level 256 to a pipe to a program which massages the
log down to a manageable size.  (log to "|program" in syslog.conf,
or slapd -d 256 2>&1 >/dev/null | program.)

A variant would be to use loglevel 256 or 256+512, log to local files,
and filter them for some messages to upload to Spunk (whatever that is).
Rotate the local files, retaining them for debugging for some time.

--
Hallvard