Re: Unable to start

On Tuesday, 17 August 2010 20:48:22 VANTASSLE, GEORDON M (ATTSI) wrote:
> I finally got everything compiled, and the make test worked like a
> charm.  However, when I try to manually start LDAP via the rc.openldap
> script, I get:
> $ ./test.rc.openldap start

Where did you get this init script? It certainly doesn't seem to be a
"standard" one.

> Starting test.rc.openldap service(s) ---------------------------------
> Tue-Aug-17-14.23.51-2010 ---------------------------------
> STATUS: LDAP start attempt logged to
> /opt/app/ivr/openldap/openldap-2.4.11/var/logs/SystemOut.log
> STATUS: Waiting for ldap to finish the start sequence
> STATUS: Waiting for ldap to finish the start sequence
> STATUS: Waiting for ldap to finish the start sequence
> STATUS: Waiting for ldap to finish the start sequence
> STATUS: Waiting for ldap to finish the start sequence
> STATUS: Waiting for ldap to finish the start sequence
> ERROR: Unable to successfully start ldap within time limit

I am not aware of slapd producing any messages like this, maybe the init
script isn't testing correctly whether slapd has started.

> Is there some way that I can see what is going on with this?

Yes, run your init script with debug mode (e.g. sh -x test.rc.openldap start)

> I don't
> know anything about LDAP, but my client requires it for one of their
> apps, so I would appreciate the help.

We don't know anything about your init script ....

(this really doesn't have much to do with LDAP at all IMHO ....).

Regards,
Buchan