Re: multi / standby master: incomplete replication after downtime (?)

Am 18.08.2010 11:01, schrieb Elmar Marschke:
Hi all,

i set up a multi master scenario using 2.4.21 on two servers. Online config (slapd.d) and ldap content is replicated fine, as long as both servers are up (means: i can change objects using ANY of the servers; and changes are transferred immediately to the other one. (Later in production, there will just one server be used actively, the other one shall be used by the clients just in case of failure)).

Then i shut down one of the servers, and do changes on the remaining one. I expect the switched-off server to get ALL the latest changes from the online-server as soon as it's up again. But this seems to happen only partially; for example: - deletion of a user object works ( = shows up on the former switched-off server immediately after coming up again)
 - adding of a user does not
- changing just subordinate attributes of user objects, like telephone number, does not show up. It just gets replicated to the former switched-off machine, when something else of that object is changed while both servers are alive.

So finally i end up with different content on every machine...
Did i miss something about how that works ??
Or is my config wrong for that; example:

syncrepl         rid=001
                 provider="ldap://ldapmaster.local.site";
                 type=refreshAndPersist
                 retry="5 +"
                 searchbase="dc=local,dc=site"
                 bindmethod=simple
                 binddn="cn=replicator,dc=local,dc=site"
                 credentials="<secret>"

Thanks for help...
did you setup the serverids correctly, e.g.:

ServerID        1       "ldap://master1.local.site";
ServerID        2       "ldap://master2.local.site";

you also need a separate syncrepl section for every server
in your multimaster-setup

PS: my setup / slapd.conf is according to the book "openLDAP 2.4" by Oliver Liebel & John Martin Ungar.

--
elmar