pwdMustChange and pwdExpireWarning

I have pwdMustChange set to true in my default ppolicy. I tried to change a user's password EITHER as Manager on LDAP server OR via the following command on my LDAP server

ldappasswd -x -D "cn=Manager,dc=example,dc=company" -W -S "uid=user1,ou=People,dc=example,dc=company"

Since I have pwdMustChange set to true, the user should be required to change his password when he tries to log in next time. But the system doesn't prompt the user to change his password. And when I ran slapcat -a '(uid=user1)', I saw most Operational Attributes except pwdReset. All my settings seem to be correct. I couldn't figure out what is wrong here.

One other question I have is: In my default ppolicy, I have pwdExpireWarning set to 1209600 (14 days). My current password is going to expire in 12 days, how come I don't see a warning message when I ssh to my system?

Thank you for your help.

Regards
Wei