Re: How to check LDAP replication status?

On 22/07/10 13:55, Paul Harvey wrote:
> On 07/22/2010 02:34 PM, Priyesh Potdar wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Check out this link:
>> http://docs.hp.com/en/5991-7504/ar01s08.html
>>
>> Refer to the section:
>> Monitoring the Replication Status
>>
>> Hope this helps...

>>> As I understand it is deprecated and only used with Slurpd?
>>>
>>> I fogot to say - I use LDAP 2.4.11+ with Syncrepl.

>>> I don`t know what data is changing _now_ so what to search?
>>>

> Precisely what i was after, thanks.
>
> Is there any way to manually create a hidden entry, in a similar style
> to the contextCSN, or would this require the an overlay to be written?

That's what the contextCSN is for. Just ldapsearch for it and if they
match, they are up to date:

http://blog.suretecsystems.com/archives/146-OpenLDAP-Quick-Tips-Checking-the-state-of-replication.html

I really need to start those "Quick Tips" up again!

If anyone wants to contribute some?

--
Kind Regards,

Gavin Henry.