Re: How to let users change their passwords?

On 23/07/2010 22:49, Steven Truong wrote:
Dear, all.  I have been searching low and high for a tool that can let
users to change their passwords in 389 DS or OpenLDAP?  I think there
is a real need for such a tool and I hope that people already wrote
such a tool...

Please share your ways of how you allow your users to change their
passwords or other setup/architecture that allow this function.

Beside that, I also recommend Apache Studio as a great tool to work
with LDAP servers.....
Thank you in advance.

We use "Self Service Password" from http://ltb-project.org. It is a simple PHP web application, that takes a user's login, old password and defines a new password.

It supports various niceties: simple password policy, updating Samba attributes, updating AD passwords directly, etc.

Jonathan

Jonathan CLARKE
Normation
44 rue Cauchy, 94110 Arcueil, France