Re: Configuring slapd.conf-less OpenLDAP

[Sorry for the delay in getting back to this.  A number of things have
pulled me away from fiddling with this.]

On Tue, 2010-06-29 at 09:11 +0200, Benjamin Griese wrote:
> Hi Braden,
>

> On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 08:50, Braden McDaniel <braden@endoframe.com>
> wrote:
>         On Tue, 2010-06-29 at 08:24 +0200, Benjamin Griese wrote:
>         > Good morning.
>         > Please set logging in your  hdb/bdb  config ldif.
>         > This logfile should be the default.
>
> I'm wrong, you were right:
>

> It's some time ago I visited my ldap config files :)

[snip]

> I grep'ed the above log types which you can define (at least the few I
> know).

I added these lines to cn=config.ldif:

        olcLogLevel: 256
        olcLogLevel: trace
        olcLogLevel: packets
        olcLogLevel: args
        olcLogLevel: conns
        olcLogLevel: BER
        olcLogLevel: filter
        olcLogLevel: config
        olcLogLevel: ACL
        olcLogLevel: stats
        olcLogLevel: stats2
        olcLogLevel: shell
        olcLogLevel: parse
        olcLogLevel: sync

But after restarting slapd and trying ldapadd again, I still see nothing
related to OpenLDAP in /var/log/messages.

--
Braden McDaniel <braden@endoframe.com>