Re: Openldap Setup Master Slave + Samba pdc

Am 14.07.2010 18:51, schrieb Sachin Gopal:
> Hi All,

Hi

> I am looking at setting up a Openldap + Smba pdc at 3 different locations
> with replication.
>
> I have these queries:
>
> 1. The three locations should have the same database.

Take a look at the admin guide:

   <http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/replication.html>

> 2. Will it be one master and 2 slaves or is there something else which can
> be set ?

You can either do that, or use multi-master:

<http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/replication.html#N-Way%20Multi-Master>

> 3. Will windows users be able to changepasswords(I understand that with
> freeIPA, never tried, any docs)

Samba can do that. Take a look at 'ldap passwd sync' in smb.conf(5) and
maybe the smbk5pwd overlay in '$LDAP_SOURCES/contrib/slapd-modules'.

> 4.How is the replication possibile ?
> 5. Is it possibile.

See above :)

> Thanks in advance.