Re: Cannot authenticate with user/password

On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 14:13:27 +0100, Nicholas Syrotiuk
<syrotiuk@manchester.ac.uk> wrote:
> Dear OpenLDAP users,
>
> We have downloaded OpenLDAP 2.4.22 from Sunfreeware.com and installed
> it.  We have successfully imported the LDAP data from another server.
> We are using the *simple* authentication method.
>
> I can authenticate as rootdn but not as a user.  Is there something
> wrong with my access control list:
> -----------------------
> access to *
> 	by self write
> 	by users read
> 	by anonymous none
> -------------------------
>
> I have tried running slapd with debugging switched on but could not
> diagnose the problem.
>
> Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?

Troubleshooting ACLs is greatly made easier by using "loglevel acl" in
slapd.conf or "-d acl" on the command line.

In this case, you need to allow anonymous users auth privileges so that
they can authenticate. See
http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/access-control.html#The%20access%20to%20grant
for details.

Regards,