Re: Recommended way to modify cn=schema entries?

On 07/ 6/10 02:12 PM, Ian Collins wrote:
I would like to re-order two schema entries to resolve a dependency issue (our local schema, included before dyngroup.schema, now references memberURL).

However deleting a schema entry with ldapmodify does not appear to be supported:

dn: cn={8}dyngroup,cn=schema,cn=config
changetype: delete

deleting entry "cn={8}dyngroup,cn=schema,cn=config"
ldap_delete: Server is unwilling to perform (53)

Any suggestions?

To answer my own question, stopping slapd, editing the ldif and restarting appears to be the only way to do this.

--
Ian.