Re: 2.4.21 delta syncrepl : do_syncrep2: rid=000 (4096) Content Sync Refresh Required

On Tuesday, 6 July 2010 07:08:05 Arjan Filius wrote:
> Hello openldap-technical,
>
> new on the list, Arjan Filius is my Name.
>

> Having setup openldap 2.4.21, with one master, and six slaves/consumers in
> delta syncrepl configuration and testing an upgrade from an older openldap
> version.

Please specify the version you are upgrading from, it *is* relevant.

> exporting (slapcat > export-file), importing (slapadd -l `export-file`) on
> the (empty/pristine) master, and attaching empty/pristine slaves works
> just fine except for taking more than one hour to complete.

Well, maybe you should consider appropriate tuning/changes to your import
process to speed things up, rather than risk data integrity. You don't specify
how large your database is, or any tuning etc., or other slapadd flags, so it
is difficult to know if 1 hour is good or bad.

E.g., using the -q flag to slapadd can speed things up significantly, setting
'tool-threads' in slapd.conf appropriately can too, and you should have
database tuning (e.g. DB_CONFIG) in place.

[...]

Starting with different data on providers and consumers is sure to result in
broken replication.

> Has anyone an idea what is/might be going on, and how to fix/prevent this?
> or how to migrate/replicate in a fast way?

See above, but you provide no detail on what you have done to speed up your
import, and this seems the original problem.

Regards,
Buchan