Re: Adding new Object Classes

On Monday, 5 July 2010 14:38:10 Alexander Erameh wrote:

> When I try to add to mine, I get the message below:
>
> Adding new entry "cn=qmail,cn=schema,cn=config"
> Ldap_add: Insufficient access (50).
>
> This is the Command I used:
>
> ldapadd -xc -W -D "cn=admin,dc=socotherm-africa,dc=com" -f
>  /etc/ldap/schema/qmail.ldif

You didn't provide your configuration, so the assumption I made was that you
were using online configuration, in which case you must bind as a user with
write access to cn=config (for example the rootdn of the config database, which
defaults to 'cn=config', but could have been setup as something different).

The error message here indicates that the DN you are using does not have write
access to the config database.

If you aren't using online configuration, but slapd.conf, then you should just
include the original schema file (usually ending in .schema) in your
slapd.conf, and restart slapd.

Regards,
Buchan