Re: Adding Schema

On 28/06/2010 10:58, Alexander Erameh wrote:
Hi,

Just joined this list, so please pardon me for any mistakes.

I have been trying to add "*CourierMailAccount*" object class and
"*qmailUser*" object class for days without success. I created a schema
file and defined the Attributetypes and Object classes and added the
file in the Include statement in slapd.conf but SLAPD does not seem to
recognize the new object classes.

When I try to add users to the Database using LDAPADD, I get the error
message below:

*"ldap_add: Invalid syntax (21)*

* additional info: objectClass:value #2 invalid per syntax"*

The #2 objectClass is "qmailuser".

Suggestions and advice will be appreciated.

After adding the include to slapd.conf, you did restart slapd?

When adding users via ldapadd, are you sure that there are no trailing spaces after "objectclass: qmailuser"?

If your problem still occurs, try posting an excerpt of the LDIF that fails, and your config.

Jonathan
Jonathan Clarke - jonathan@phillipoux.net
Ldap Synchronization Connector (LSC) - http://lsc-project.org