Re: Openldap passwords synchronization

On 28/06/2010 12:19, Jean-Luc CHANDEZON wrote:
Hello,

My demand is very simple :

When I export user/password, there is 2 attributes (lmpassword,newpassword)

How can I decrypt theses passwords, for importing in one other
directory? Can I export some other keys for decrypting?

Passwords are generally stored using a one-way hash (such as MD5 or SHA). That means that you cannot retrieve the original password from the value stored in your directory.

By "cannot" I mean "cannot easily" - you can of course brute-force the hash by testing all possible passwords, but that would take a long time.

Jonathan

Jonathan Clarke - jonathan@phillipoux.net
Ldap Synchronization Connector (LSC) - http://lsc-project.org