ldaprc with ldaps:// and ldap:// fallback

Hello

I would like to setup a ldaprc so that an application uses:
- a localhost-base slapd without authentification (just relying on
filesystem permission on the slapd socket)
- if it is not available, a remote slapd, authenticating using client
certificate

Here is the desired ldaprc:
BASE            dc=example,dc=net
URI             ldapi:/// ldaps://ldap.example.net
TLS_CACERT      /etc/openssl/ca.crt
TLS_CERT        /etc/openssl/host.crt
TLS_KEY         /etc/openssl/host.key
SASL_MECH       EXTERNAL
TLS_REQCERT     demand

Of course it will not work, as the ldapi:/// connection will present a
certificate. I have the feeling the setup I am looking for cannot be
configured. Is that right?

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz