Re: Copying trees from one consumer to another

Dear Quanah,

Thank you again for your very helpful replies.

On 22/06/10 07:57 -0700, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On Tuesday, June 22, 2010 12:24 PM +1000 Nick Urbanik <nick.urbanik@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

If so, does that mean that with syncrepl, the above operation is
reduced to the following three steps?

1. Stop slapd on both consumers.
2. Netcat the database from one to the other.
3. start both consumers.

The officially supported method is slapcat/slapadd.  But as long as
your architecture is the same, yes, the above steps are fine,
although I use scp rather than netcat to copy the db.

When the database is many gigabytes in size, netcat is fast; I get
impatient :-)

You failed to note running db_recover before copying the databases,
which I would recommend (to force writing out any pending data in the
BDB env).

Thank you very much for this!  I was unaware of the need for this.  I
will investigate it further.
--
Nick Urbanik http://nicku.org 808-71011 nick.urbanik@optusnet.com.au
GPG: 7FFA CDC7 5A77 0558 DC7A 790A 16DF EC5B BB9D 2C24  ID: BB9D2C24