Re: Unigueness of RID; changing RID

--On Tuesday, June 22, 2010 12:00 PM +1000 Nick Urbanik <nick.urbanik@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

Dear Folks,

I am trying to improve my understanding of the RID before making many
large deployments of syncrepl.

The RID uniquely identifies a syncrepl stanza inside the replica for a given database. If you have more than one syncrepl statement in a replica's configuration, they must all have a unique rid. Other replicas and consumers know nothing of the RID inside a different replica's setup.

In most of my setups, I have a single syncrepl stanza on the replicas, so I use the same RID on all of them.

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc