Re: Copying trees from one consumer to another

--On Tuesday, June 22, 2010 12:24 PM +1000 Nick Urbanik <nick.urbanik@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

If so, does that mean that with syncrepl, the above operation is
reduced to the following three steps?

1. Stop slapd on both consumers.
2. Netcat the database from one to the other.
3. start both consumers.

The officially supported method is slapcat/slapadd. But as long as your architecture is the same, yes, the above steps are fine, although I use scp rather than netcat to copy the db. You failed to note running db_recover before copying the databases, which I would recommend (to force writing out any pending data in the BDB env).

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc