Re: failed to start slapd & can't create password - please help.

On 06/20/10 08:21, sam wrote:
> Hi Gibson,
>
> I just ave the password command working, but it failed at the the final
> step, please see below:
>
> # slappasswd -h {MD5}
> New password:
> Re-enter new password:
> Password generation failed for scheme MD5: scheme not recognized
>
> What have I missed?
>
> Thanks
> Sam

The very same thing as in the beginning. Your OpenLDAP/crypt is missing
MD5 (scheme) support.

The answer is probably here:
http://www.mail-archive.com/openldap-software@openldap.org/msg07304.html

Yes, --enable-crypt could/should do.

Please, don't top-post. It's quite ... annoying.

Regards,
Zdenek

- --
Zdenek Styblik
Net/Linux admin
OS TurnovFree.net
email: stybla@turnovfree.net
jabber: stybla@jabber.turnovfree.net

> Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
>> --On Sunday, June 20, 2010 11:20 AM +1000 sam <sam@ip6.com.au> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> With the following setup:
>>>
>>> hometest:openldap # uname -a
>>> FreeBSD hometest.ip6.com.au <http://hometest.ip6.com.au> 8.1-RC1 FreeBSD
>>> 8.1-RC1 #0: Fri Jun 18
>>> 15:26:58 EST 2010
>>> root@hometest.ip6.com.au:/usr/
>>> obj/usr/src/sys/mail.db.java.portal
>>> i386
>>> hometest:openldap # pkg_info | grep -i ldap
>>> openldap-sasl-client-2.4.22 Open source LDAP client implementation
>>> with SASL2 support
>>> openldap-sasl-server-2.4.22 Open source LDAP server implementation
>>> hometest:openldap # pkg_info | grep -i db
>>> db46-4.6.21.4       The Berkeley DB package, revision 4.6
>>> hometest:openldap # pkg_info | grep -i sasl
>>> cyrus-sasl-2.1.23   RFC 2222 SASL (Simple Authentication and Security
>>> Layer)
>>> cyrus-sasl-saslauthd-2.1.23 SASL authentication server for cyrus-sasl2