Re: overlay unique in cn=config: some answers.

--On Wednesday, June 16, 2010 3:23 PM +1000 Nick Urbanik <nick.urbanik@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

CentOS 5.5 provides 2.3.43.  RHEL 6 will provide
OpenLDAP 2.4.x.  We want to avoid the overhead of maintaining our own
packages of OpenLDAP.  I'll only deploy my code on systems that don't
use the unique overlay before RHEL 6 is available.

Thank you again for your helpful reply.

Then rely on someone else's (Like the one's Buchan pointed out). But don't rely on RHEL's, and expect to upgrade much more often than RHEL upgrades theirs.

<http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/1456.html>

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc