Re: Write through an LDAP Proxy?

Buchan Milne schrieb:
> On Friday, 4 June 2010 11:55:16 Christoph Berkemeier wrote:
>> Greetings,
>>
>> i would like to use multiple OpenLDAP Server with Samba. As Samba uses
>> only one database server
>
>> , i considered it would be suitable to use a
>> ldap proxy in front of my master and my slaves servers.
>
> For a single-master, multiple-slaves scenario, samba has supported this since
> about 2.2.5.

The support was removed in 3.0.23 as you can read in
http://www.samba.org/samba/history/samba-3.0.23.html:

Passdb Changes

The "passdb backend" parameter no long accepts multiple backends
in a chaining configuration.

The feature was removed, because, as far as i can remember, it need a
lot of maintance.

Best Regards,
	Christoph Berkemeier