ppolicy + user notification

Hello All

I have finally got ppolicy working correctly except for some interesting behavior. When I set the pwdMaxAge to say 3 days just for testing and when I log into the system shortly after changing my password. The systems notifies me that my password will expire in 2 days. On the 3rd day I don’t get any notifications from the system. I have also defined in my policy a  grace period for logins which does work but I don’t get any notifications of that either. Also I am trying to build check_password.c to provide additional checking but when I try to compile the program I get missing headers files portable.h and slap.h. I have searched the entire system and can’t locate them. I thought they would be part of the development RPMS which I installed. Any ideas on any of this.?

Thanks

John Allgood

Senior Systems Administrator

OHL Transportation Services

2251 Jesse Jewell Pky. NE

Gainesville, GA 30507

tel: (678) 989-3051  fax: (770) 531-7878

jallgood@ohl.com

www.ohl.com

This e-mail transmission may contain information that is proprietary, privileged and/or confidential and is intended exclusively for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. Any use, copying, retention or disclosure by any person other than the intended recipient or the intended recipient's designees is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient or their designee, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies.