Re: OpenLDAP bespoke schema to use 'ismemberof' to restrict user access to hosts

On Tuesday, 4 May 2010 20:18:31 Siddhartha Jain wrote:
> Sticking to 2.3.x is entirely RH/CentOS created issue. It's a shame that
> 2.4.x hasn't been introduced in RH/CentOS even two years after being
> released.
>
> We rolled our own 2.4.x RPM for RH/CentOS using RH openldap spec files
> and upgraded. YMMV.

For people who don't want to roll their own, and who don't want to invalidate
any support, packages that install in parallel are available:

http://staff.telkomsa.net/packages/rhel5/openldap/

(repo file: http://staff.telkomsa.net/packages/OpenLDAP.repo)

Regards,
Buchan