From: openldap-technical-bounces+rahul.manchanda=bt.com@OpenLDAP.org [mailto:openldap-technical-bounces+rahul.manchanda=bt.com@OpenLDAP.org] On Behalf Of Buchan Milne
Sent: Thursday, April 22, 2010 10:01 AM
To: Manchanda,RK,Rahul,DKE C
Cc: openldap-technical@openldap.org
Subject: Re: Implementing LDAP logging

On Thursday, 22 April 2010 09:39:01 rahul.manchanda@bt.com wrote:
> Many Thanks for the suggestions.
>
> I have one more doubt:
>
> As syslog get rotated automatically,

?

Not all syslog implementations automatically rotate files. You haven't specified
which one you are using ...

> will the ldaplog file will get rotated
>  automatically after specifying the below line in syslog.conf?

Probably not.

>  Or shall I
>  have specify anything to get this log rotation in place.

How are your other logs rotated? By logrotate (e.g. see /etc/logrotate.d)? If
so, you should ensure that your logrotate utility is configured to rotate this
log as well.

However, this doesn't really have anything to do with OpenLDAP per se.

> Local4.debug  /var/log/ldap/log

Regards,
Buchan